:0)

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mammoth Caves

Labor Day weekend we went camping at Mammoth Caves. It was our first time there and Jenna's first time camping. Our friends stayed the entire weekend...we braved one night! Jenna did pretty good. I would have slept pretty good if the sleeping bags weren't so noisy, if it hadn't been so cold, if someone's dogs hadn't started barking around 1:00 am, and if the little plug on my air mattress had been closed so the air stayed in!! :) Monday we took a short tour of Mammoth Cave before heading home for much needed naps. Next time we'll have to do some hiking and take some of the longer tours. It's really pretty there...it reminded John and I little bit of Michigan.

At the campsite. No, this was not our tent...ours was smaller than this.

At the Visitor's Center waiting for the tour.
.
A look down at the cave entrance...yes, it's a little dark down there!! (Which is why I didn't get any good pictures.)

Headed down into the cave.

We survived!!

There is a great picnic area where we had lunch before heading home.

2 comments:

  1. Cute Pictures!! I wish we could have gone with you, next time. We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna keeps looking at John like she wonders who he is! Silly girl! Looks like a fun time! You are braver than me to take a baby camping. I am too much of a whip for that! I won't even take myself camping!

    ReplyDelete